The University of Pennsylvania requires that all full time students are fully immunized. Any student not complying with these requirements will have a block placed on their registration.
A student will be placed on hold for:
- Not submitting the immunization history and/or completing the TB screening form online.
- Not a completing the required immunizations.
- Not providing SHS with documentation of immunization records submitted online.
- Failing to keep a scheduled immunization appointment at SHS.
- Failing to provide SHS with documentation of an appointment elsewhere.
- Failing to respond to a request from the Immunization Compliance Office, such as to make an immunization appointment or provide information.
- Failing to return to have PPD results read within the prescribed time frame.
- Failing to furnish the Immunization Compliance Office with promised documentation by the agreed upon deadline.
How to get off hold:
- If you haven’t submitted your immunization records, you must do this. Please go to https://shs.wellness.upenn.edu/imemfinfo. Here you’ll find instructions on how to submit your immunization history online.
- If you have already submitted your immunization records but need to send updated information, you may upload them at https://shs.upenn.edu/.
- Schedule an immunization appointment at SHS* by phone at 215 746 3535 or online at https://shs.upenn.edu/ Please note the these appointments are limited.
- Schedule an immunization appointment with a private health care provider (you will have to submit written proof of the appointment to the Immunization Office).
IMPORTANT: If you fail to keep a scheduled immunization appointment at SHS or with your private provider, you will be placed back on hold until you have fully complied. Please note: If the hold is replaced onto your registration, any changes you have made to your class schedule may be deleted.
* Students who abuse this system by making multiple appointments for the same immunization will not be removed from hold and will be blocked from making online appointments in the future.
How your registration hold is removed:
- Most holds are removed within 24 hours of your meeting the requirements.
- Holds are not removed automatically. If you wish to have the hold removed as soon as possible, please contact the Immunization Compliance Office 215 746 3535.
- Holds are removed during regular Immunization Compliance Office hours ONLY (9am-5pm Monday-Friday), during the normal academic year).
- Please call the Immunization Compliance Office at 215 746 3535 to speak with a member of our staff.
You may obtain any required immunizations at the Student Health Service (Immunization appointment are limited) or you may elect to see another health care provider (and then provide documentation of the immunization to our Immunization Office).
You may schedule an immunization appointment at Student Health Service by calling 215 746 3535. If a private provider updates your immunizations, please submit documentation to our Immunization Office within 3 days of your appointment to avoid being placed back on registration hold.
You may upload your immunization records on the SHS Portal. Please go to Forms on the menu on left. From there click Immunizations Page.
We are here to help you! If you have any questions or need assistance with this process, please feel free to contact the Immunization Office at 215 746 3535 or via secure message at https://shs.upenn.edu/.