Click here for LGB/Q Health Info
Click here for Transgender Health Info
The Penn Student Health Service (SHS) is devoted to providing an inclusive environment and supporting a diverse Penn community. Our nondiscrimination policy ensures high quality services regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity (as does all of Penn).
Penn SHS is nationally recognized as an LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader by the HRC’s Healthcare Equality Index.
Our LGBTQ Health Working Group oversees planning and protocols specific to the needs of LGB/Q and Transgender patients at SHS. Our team has special expertise in the area of LGBTQ Health, but all SHS staff are given essential training on LGBTQ inclusive care. Click here to meet our Working Group!
What has Penn Student Health done to support LGBTQ Health?
- We provide staff education on LGB/Q and transgender issues.
- We partner frequently with the Penn LGBT Center and the Penn Medicine Program for LGBT Health.
- We conduct research on issues relevant to LGBTQ communities
- We educate others across campus and outside Penn about LGB/Q and transgender health issues
- We have hired “out” clinical staff.
- We helped advocate for transgender health inclusion in the student health insurance plan.
- All services at SHS are confidential.
- There are no copayments required for medical visits at SHS.
- It doesn’t matter which health insurance plan you have.
- All full-time students are eligible to be seen (you’ve already paid for it through your university clinical fee). Part-time students may pay the annual (or semester) fee if they wish to be seen here.