Instructions for Submission of Pre-Matriculation Health Information Fall 2021
Starting academic year 2021-2022 the University will require the COVID 19 and Flu immunizations. Updated forms are coming soon. Please go here for more information
Note: If you have already submitted your main immunization records and wish to add new records (such as flu shots, new immunizations (including COVID 19 vaccine) new lab work, etc. please go here.
The University of Pennsylvania requires all incoming full-time and all students living in campus housing to be compliant with these requirements. Students will submit this information via a secure website.
The deadline for submitting immunization records for incoming Fall 2021 students is July 1, 2021.
Before beginning, you must have an active PennKey.
For PennKey Setup instructions, go to www.penn10.info.
Important: If you receive a message stating that you are not yet in the database, please try again later. If this persists please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Complete the first 3 online forms
- Go to https://shs.upenn.edu
- Log in with your PennKey, password, and birthdate
- Click on FORMS and complete the following forms (you might need to have a parent or someone who knows your medical history next to you while you answer the questions.
- Notification of Privacy Practices
- TB Risk Screening
- Health History
Step 2: Contact your medical provider
- Print out a copy of the immunization worksheet (non-healthcare students), or immunization form (healthcare students). Ask your medical provider for a copy of your full immunization records. Your provider should use the Immunization form to provide a clearer picture of your immunization records prior to completing step 3.
Step 3: Complete the online Immunizations Page
- Go back to https://shs.upenn.edu.
- Log in with your PennKey, password, and birthdate.
- Click on FORMS and choose Immunizations Page.
- Enter your past immunization information into the electronic form, using your Immunization form as a guide. Proceed immediately to Step 4.
Step 4: Submit your immunization documents
(You should still be logged into the Immunizations Page from Step 3)
- Scan or take high-resolution photos of your signed Immunization Worksheet and other immunization records (please make certain the copy is legible and right side up). Upload by clicking the button “Add immunization record” on the Immunizations Page
- If you are finished, click the button “Submit Final”
- If you have any problems, please contact the Immunization Compliance Office.
For your medical privacy, do not email records to us. To comply with United States HIPAA regulations, we will communicate with you about your records through Secure Message. Go to https://www.vpul.upenn.edu/shs/securemessaging.php for instructions on Secure Messages. If you don’t have access to this system yet, please call 215.746.3535.
Immunization Form Coming soon
|Healthcare Professional (HCP) Students:
Immunization Form Coming soon